I was nominated for the Liebster Award for the second time thanks to Callie. Thanks so much, Callie! Make sure to go check out her amazing blog! Let’s get right into it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions or fulfill the task that blogger gave their nominees.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself, OR compose a 150 to 300-word post about your favorite blog and explain why you like it (and give a link).
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees your own questions.
- List the rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published your post, then inform your nominees of their nomination.
1. Why did you begin blogging?
It is sort of a long story, so to read a detailed account of it visit my about page here. In short form, I basically wanted to share honest reviews on books for readers like me.
2. What is your favorite series of books, and why?
That is a great question! There are a lot of great series out there like “The Chronicles of Narnia” and the “Prairie River Series”. However, my top favorite would most definately have to be the “Kingdom Series” by Chuck Black because I love the time period the books are set in and I love Chuck Black’s style of writing.
3. If you had the chance to visit any place in the world and stay there for a year, where would you go?
I am very happy living in the United States, so I don’t think I would want to leave. If I had to choose a place out of my native country, though, I would probably choose Europe.
4. What time period would you travel back to, and why?
Oooh–I have always thought it would be cool to live during the founding of America (during the Revolutionary time)!!
5. How did you come to know the Lord Jesus as your Savior?
Basically, I was at a point in my life when I was being punished regularly for foolish behavior. I was reading a chic tract and at the end it asks the question if you know where you are going when you die. I had never really payed attention to it before, but this time, my dad asked me directly if I did know. I had never thought of an answer before, so I was shocked because I realized I did not know. That night, I asked Him into my heart. I was 6 years old.
6. What’s one of your favorite activities to do with your family?
Wow–this is another great question! I love hiking with my family, because we are all pretty active, but I also really enjoy when we all sit down and play a game together.
7. What’s one meal you couldn’t live without?
REAL homemade hambugers and sweet potatoe fries.
8. What’s one passage of Scripture you’ve memorized, and how has it helped you?
Jeremiah 29:11 (“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”) This verse has helped me when I start to worry about tomorrow and what my future holds, because it reminds me that God knows what tomorrow holds, and He will take care of it for me. He has plans for me that I do not know of–plans to give me a destiny only He can write.
9. What gifts/talents has God blessed you with, and how do you think you’ll be able to use them for His glory?
I would say that I most prefer to be in the background doing behind the scenes work. I most like blessing people with acts of service, so I would say that I can use it to glorify God by serving others as a result of my faith in Him.
10. Which missionary inspires you the most?
Elisabeth Elliot. She amazes me that she returned to the Indians who murdered her husband, in order to bring them God’s gift of eternal life.
11. What’s one time in your life in which you saw God’s hand move? (e.g., it can be anything from witnessing a miracle, praying through a situation and seeing God move, etc. ):
Very recently, I was the closest to seeing death then I ever have been. The short story is that I was walking into a store and heard an extremely loud explosion behind me. I turned around, and right where I had been just seconds ago, was a small cloud of smoke. For a minute I thought it was a terroist attack, because out of nowhere SWAT cars appeared from every direction and gaurded the area. Fast forward about 5 minutes,I found out that the explosion was actually caused by the Police to stop a criminal. However, my point is that I realized how true it is that God holds my life in His hands. He can take it whenever He wants;but I was very thankful that He chose to keep me safe through the entire scare.
Interesting Facts About Me:
- I have known my best friend literally my entire life. My parents met her parents several years before each of us were born.
- In addition, my best friend and I are only 18 days apart.
- Two of my sibilings are adopted.
- I can not stand plain avacado, but I love guacamole.
- My favorite band is For King and Country.
- My favorite song(s) are “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten and “Fix My Eyes” by For King and Country.
- My favorite videos when I was in elementary school and junior high was Roy Rogers.
- I LOVE braces!
- I have only watched two R-rated movies (Schiendler’s List and Hacksaw Ridge)
- I am distantly related to Pochahontas.
- Are you related to anyone famous?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your interesting quirk?
- Would you rather be transformed into a giant spider or a giant scorpion?
- What would be your worst nightmare?
- Would you be the author of a best-selling book, or be an actress/actor in an award-winning movie?
- If you could pick any author in the entire world (living or dead) to interview, who would it be?
- What is your biggest goal as a blogger?
- You can have one wish granted right now–just one–what is it?
- If you could make one article of food be completely healthy–have no bad side affects–what would you pick?
Now, like I usually do, I am only going to nominate two people. The two lucky people are….
I can’t wait to hear everyone’s answers!